Monday, May 17, 2010

Sustainablity Visit


Questions:
1. What struck you about the location you visited? Was it what you expected, or very different?
What struck me was the location. I didn't expect the farmers market to be in the middle of otay ranch mall.

2. Which items were cheaper than you expected? Which were more expensive?
I didn't see the prices.



3. Do you think you will start going to a farmers market more often? Or using a community garden? Or supporting a CSA?
I really do like going to farmers markets, but my parents don't go to them. I'll try more to convince them to shop at them more often.



4. How do these locations fit into our essential questions of “Why Don’t People Live More Sustainably?” and “How Can I Convince them to do So?”
They relate to sustainable living and what we've been studying in class.


Interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Brsb5wC0ujs

4 comments:

  1. I can relate when u said "my parents dont go to them" because I really liked going to the farmers market but mah parents dont go to them so I would have to really try to convince themm to take me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1.) When you said that you would try to convince your parents into taking you and going with you to Farmers Markets more often even though they don't shop there now it really showed me how inspired you were by the person you interviewed. It's one thing to just be influenced by a person, and it is a totally separate thing to actually take action and do what they have inspired you to do. It sounds like you really are motivated!

    2.) One of your interview questions was making reference to any prices you noticed. It makes me think further than just saving money at farmers markets. I think it is important for people to know that it is not just worthwhile to shop there because of less expensive products, but that it is also for things like organic, local, and quality products as well.

    3.) I love that you took a video of your interview instead of only writing out a manuscript- it really gives everyone an idea of this person's personality, and makes you feel like you were there during the interview.

    ReplyDelete
  3. something that i really liked is that you took a partner with you and the way you said that you would convince your parents to take you to to farmers markets.

    Something that made me think was when you said you didn't see any prices that shows how naive our economy is today.

    one thing that stood out was your picture you would think that you would be standing in front of food but it was a statue instead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coco,

    What struck me about your entry was how the location struck you because when I went there I also was shocked that it was right in the middle of the mall.

    Something that made me think was how you said there were no prices which is strange because you'd think they'd advertise the prices.

    One thing I can relate to is also, like Morgan said, is when you said your parents don't go to them because I also want to go to Farmers Markets more often.

    ReplyDelete